This product, as an upgraded version of electrical conductivity meter V1, greatly improves the user experience and data precision. It supports 3~5v wide voltage input, and is compatible with 5V and 3.3V main control board; The output signal filtered by hardware has low jitters; The excitation source adopts AC signal, which effectively reduces the polarization effect, improves the precision and prolongs the life of the probe; The software library uses two-point calibration method, and can automatically identify standard buffer solution, so simple and convenient.
With this product, main control board (such as Arduino) and the software library, you can quickly build an electrical conductivity meter, plug and play, no welding. DFRobot provides a variety of water quality sensor products, uniform size and interface, not only meet the needs of various water quality testing, but also suitable for the DIY of multi-parameter water quality tester.
Conductivity is the reciprocal of the resistance, which is related to the ability of the material to carry the current. In the liquid, the reciprocal of the resistance, the conductivity, is the measure of its ability to conduct electricity. Conductivity is an important parameter of water quality. It can reflect the extent of electrolytes present in water.
In order to ensure the measurement accuracy, it is strongly recommended to add a temperature sensor to measure the temperature, and achieve automatic temperature compensation. DS18B20 waterproof temperature sensor can also be used.
Arduino Connection Diagram
EC Meter with ESP32 and DFRobot EC module (DFR0300)
1.The probe is a laboratory-grade probe. Do not immerse in liquid for a long time. Otherwise this will shorten the life of the probe.
2.Platinum black layer is attached to the surface of the sheet metal in the probe.It should avoid any object touching it. It can only be washed with distilled water, otherwise the platinum black layer will be damaged, resulting in inaccurate measurement.
- 3.0~5.0V wide voltage input
- Hardware filtered output signal, low jitter
- AC excitation source, effectively reduce polarization
- Gravity connector and BNC connector, plug and play, no welding
- Software library supports two-point calibration, and automatically identifies standard buffer solution, integrates temperature compensation algorithm
- Uniform size and connector, convenient for the design of mechanical structures
- Water quality monitoring.
- Hydroponic & Aquaponic.
Signal Conversion Board (Transmitter) V2
- Supply Voltage: 3.0~5.0V
- Output Voltage: 0~3.4V
- Probe Connector: BNC
- Signal Connector: PH2.0-3Pin
- Measurement Accuracy: ±5% F.S.
- Board size: 42mm*32mm/1.65in*1.26in
- Probe Type: Laboratory Grade
- Cell Constant: 1.0
- Support Detection Range: 0~20ms/cm
- Recommended Detection Range: 1~15ms/cm
- Temperature Range: 0~40°C
- Probe Life: >0.5 year (depending on frequency of use)
- Cable Length: 100cm
- Electrical Conductivity Probe（K=1,Laboratory Grade） x1
- Signal Conversion Board (Transmitter) V2 x1
- Standard Buffer Solution 1413us/cm x2
- Standard Buffer Solution 12.88ms/cm x2
- Gravity Analog Sensor Cable x1
- Waterproof Gasket x2
- Screw Cap for BNC Connector x1
- M3 * 10 nylon pillar x4
- M3 * 5 screw x8
Project 1. Build KnowFlow: automatic water monitor
KnowFlow is the name of this water quality monitoring device, based on Arduino Uno. It can automatically monitor 5 parameters of water: pH, Temperature, Dissolved Oxygen, Electronic Conductivity, ORP.
- Central Control Unit: Arduino Uno (DFRobot Bluno in this case) and Expansion Shield (DFRobot Expansion Shield V7.1 in this case)
- Water Sensors: pH (pH probe and pH circuit board); EC (EC probe and EC circuit board); ORP (ORP probe and ORP circuit board); Temperature (temperature probe and temperature circuit board); Dissolved Oxygen (DO probe, BNC and circuit board); real time clock circuit board
- Data Storage: Micro-SD module, Micro SD card
- Fit and fix: mounting plate, water proof box( 200mm_150mm_75mm), water proof joint
- Other parts: Cables (Wires), bread board, bolts and nuts, screws, battery, double-sided adhesive, write on tape, small wrench, spiral cable wrap